Companies Grown in Hillsboro
Hillsboro is a major economic and employment center within the larger Portland metro area, and represents the epicenter of the Silicon Forest. It is home to Intel’s largest and most comprehensive site in the world for research and manufacturing, and also Oregon’s largest private employer.
Hillsboro is recognized globally for its concentration of high-tech companies, including those focused on semiconductor manufacturing, micro-electronics, renewable energy, bioscience, software, and information technology. Companies choose Hillsboro for a variety of strategic advantages, as well as its:
- world-class digital infrastructure
- educated, sustainable workforce
- highest-reliability centers for electrical power
- knowledge and experience working with high-tech companies
- responsiveness to business needs and reputation for fast-track project success
In addition, Hillsboro has a tradition of working collaboratively with businesses, contractors, and other regulatory partners to ensure an environment that is ripe for business growth. Read more about some of the companies that have put down roots and found success in Hillsboro:
Decadent Creations Bakery & Collective Kitchen are the newest additions to downtown Hillsboro providing fresh, high-quality baked goods as well as fun, affordable cooking classes. Owner Mindy Simmons is also a Chopped Champion from the popular Food Network TV-show, “Chopped.”
- DeMarini Sports, established in 1989 and headquartered in Hillsboro, manufactures high-performance bats for both amateur and pro baseball and softball players around the world. Among many industry achievements, the company is credited with developing the world’s first multi-wall bat in 1993. Acquired by Wilson Sporting Goods in 2000, DeMarini continues to research, design, and manufacture bats in Hillsboro.
Digital Realty Trust selected Hillsboro on behalf of its client and tenant, NetApp, for a build-to-suit custom data center. Hillsboro topped the selection list for its robust infrastructure, enterprise zone incentives, technically-skilled workforce, and reputation for success with high-tech companies..
- Edwards Vacuum produces high-tech vacuum products and abatement solutions that are essential for the manufacture of many technology products and industrial processes. Here in Hillsboro, Edwards employs about 100 people and just broke ground on a new 75,000 sf innovation center and manufacturing facility scheduled to open in 2019.
First Tech Federal Credit Union’s regional headquarters was completed and is home to over 600-employees at its new 5-story, 156,000 square foot building in the Dawson Creek Corporate Park. This headquarters has made headlines since incorporating cross-laminated timber, or CLT, for flooring, and glulam posts and beams in the construction.
- Qorvo, a landmark firm in Hillsboro for over 20-years, makes chips used in smartphones as well as in defense, industrial and communications networking equipment. Before becoming Qorvo in a merger with rival RF Micro Devices of North Carolina in 2015, the company was called TriQuint Semiconductor, a subsidiary of Tektronix. Qorvo continues to grow in Hillsboro and has approximately 600-employees at its campus in Dawson Creek Corporate Park.
- Reser’s Fine Foods, an Oregon-based company, produces fresh and frozen food products at their newest, $63 million plant which opened in Hillsboro in 2015. This state-or-the-art facility is 300,000 sf on 30-acres with about 400-employees.