Ordinance passed by City Council, the outdoor burning of yard debris is prohibited year round within Hillsboro city limits.
- Prohibits yard debris burning on residential properties at all time, year-round;
- Applies to anyone who lives in the City of Hillsboro boundary.
- Does not restrict recreational fires such as backyard fire pits, chimineas or barbecues
- Fires for pleasure, cooking, ceremonial, or similar purposes
- Maximum size: 3 ft diameter by 2 ft high
- Acceptable materials: Dried wood, natural dimensional lumber scraps, charcoal, propane, and natural gas
- Burning of the above materials does not meet the DEQ definition of materials that emit dense smoke or noxious odors
- Required separations from a structure:
- In ground placed: 25 ft
- Portable outdoor fireplaces: 15 ft
- Barbecue/fire pit: 10 ft
- Barbecues and fire pits must be commercially manufactured, or constructed of concrete or approved non-combustible materials