Volunteer Information Programs
Shute Park Library
Email our Volunteer Engagement Team to RSVP with the session you will attend.
Volunteer with us!
Volunteers are an important part of the Hillsboro Public Library team. Every year, hundreds of volunteers contribute their time and talents to the Library, gaining new skills and getting a behind-the-scenes view of the Library, while helping the Library provide services to the whole community.
Volunteers are involved in the Library’s work in many ways and tackle a variety of projects, including:
- Shelving books and other Library materials
- Presenting international storytimes
- Pricing and sorting used materials for book sales
- Helping with special events and programs
- Providing individual computer and technology help to patrons
- Offering homework help for students
- Hosting labs or teaching classes in the Collaboratory
We are looking for volunteers who are enrolled in seventh grade or higher. Some volunteer opportunities require a weekly three to six monthly commitment; some have monthly or bimonthly commitments. Most opportunities require a regularly scheduled shift.
How to Volunteer
Attend a Volunteer Information Program
Help advance our "For Everyone," mission by sharing your time and talent with us!
Attend a volunteer information program to:
- Learn about current opportunities,
- Receive an overview of the program,
- Get details on time commitments and training requirements,
- Tour the library, and
- Visit with staff and volunteers.
Can't make it to the upcoming volunteer fairs?
For more information, email our Volunteer Engagement Team, or call 503-615-3457.
Frequently Asked Questions