Volunteer with us!
Volunteers are an important part of the Hillsboro Public Library team. Every year, hundreds of volunteers contribute their time and talents to the Library, gaining new skills and getting a behind-the-scenes view of the Library, while helping the Library provide services to the whole community.
Volunteers are involved in the Library’s work in many ways and tackle a variety of projects, including:
- Shelving books and other Library materials
- Presenting international storytimes
- Pricing and sorting used materials for book sales
- Helping with special events and programs
- Providing individual computer and technology help to patrons
- Offering homework help for students
- Hosting labs or teaching classes in the Collaboratory
We are looking for volunteers who are enrolled in seventh grade or higher. Some volunteer opportunities require a weekly three to six month commitment. Some have monthly or bimonthly commitments. Most opportunities require a regularly scheduled shift.
How to Volunteer
The libraries are not recruiting for on-going volunteers at this time. To be placed on the wait list for the next full-scale recruitment please complete a volunteer application.
Get Email Updates
Subscribe to our email list to receive regular updates on Hillsboro Public Library volunteer opportunities.
For more information, email our Volunteer Engagement Team, or call 503-615-3457.
Frequently Asked Questions