A library card issued at the Hillsboro Public Library gives you access to over 2 million items and numerous electronic resources within the Washington County Cooperative Library System (WCCLS).
You may obtain a WCCLS library card free of charge if you:
- Live in Washington County, Multnomah County, Clackamas County (excluding Johnson City), Hood River County, the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District, the City of Camas in Washington or
- Have a library card from a participating Oregon Passport Program Library (see “Oregon Passport Program” below)
If you reside outside of the areas listed above and your local library does not participate in the Oregon Passport Program you may obtain a WCCLS non-resident library card for an annual fee of $140. A non-resident library card entitles you to use the collections and services of any WCCLS member library.
How to Get Your Library Card
- Fill out and submit a Hillsboro Public Library Card Application. Applications are available at the Library or online.
- Provide proof of identification, such as a valid Oregon Driver's License or Oregon ID card. Other options include: passport, student ID, employee badge with photo, out of state driver’s license, birth certificate or social security card.
- Provide proof of current address, like a valid Oregon Driver’s License or Oregon ID card. Other options include: delivered mail addressed to you, preprinted personal checks or a car registration in your name.
- Parents and legal guardians may present their proof of identification and proof of current address for minors
Oregon Passport ProgramThanks to the Oregon Passport Program, if you are an Oregon resident and have a library card from a participating Passport Program library, you can get a free WCCLS library card. View a list of participating libraries.
The Passport Program provides limited access to WCCLS libraries. Items must be checked out and returned to a WCCLS library. Your home library will not return them for you.
To get a free WCCLS library card through the Oregon Passport Program, you will need:
- Your library card from a participating Oregon library
- A completed library card application
- Proof of identification and proof of current address