Interlibrary Loan Policy (ILL)
If WCCLS does not own an item you would like to borrow, we can request it from another library for you.
- Items available through Interlibrary Loan include books, media, microfilm, and articles from magazines, newspapers, and journals.
- Items in the Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) collection are not eligible unless they are in-repair, lost, missing, unavailable or withdrawn.
- Magazines, manuscripts, rare titles, and pre-1900 materials are generally not available. Microfilm or photocopies may be available.
- The Library will first try to borrow items from libraries that lend free of charge. If a free source is not available, the cardholder will be notified and given an opportunity to decline the requested materials or pay the lending library fees.
- The Library will not process ILL requests for patrons with overdue ILL materials, lost items, or fines of $10.00 or greater.
- Materials must be renewed or returned by their due date unless recalled. Recalled materials must be returned immediately.