About the Public Engagement Committee
- Design and implement citizen involvement programs, which facilitate public involvement in
major Comprehensive Plan and implementing land use ordinance revisions, and assure that
such actions are based on factual and complete available information. At a minimum, such public involvement programs will provide for adequate notice on citizen involvement activities; advanced information on matters under consideration; and opportunities for citizen participation as determined by the PEC.
- Inform the citizens of the Hillsboro planning area of the opportunity to participate in all phases of planning through the citizen involvement program.
- Encourage and actively solicit citizen participation through a diverse and wide-ranging communication program.
- Develop, through education, a citizenry capable of effective participation in the planning process.
Membership of the PEC shall be comprised of seven members including:
- A Planning Commission liaison
- A Hillsboro 2035 Oversight Committee liaison
- At-large members from three Council wards (one each)
- An at-large member representative of diversity in the community geographically and/or demographically, particularly for communities of color, low-income populations, and other under-served or under-represented groups.
Requirements are the same for service on the Planning Commission: No more than two members may be presently or previously engaged in the same occupation, business, trade, or profession.
| Members / Role
||Expiration of Term
|Kipperlyn Sinclair - Planning Commissioner Member
|Bryan Welsh - Hillsboro 2035 Oversight Committee Member
|Erin Morrison - Youth Advisory Council Member
|Ivette Heredia - At-Large Member
|Cindy Cosenzo - At-Large Member
|Daria Martin-Bingham - At-Large Member
|Tricia Mortell - At-Large Member
- Apply to join a City commission, committee, or board online
- Print the handwritten application form for a City board or commission
- Board, Commission & Committee Organizational Chart