The City of Hillsboro Public Works Department provides many of the fundamental services required to keep a community running smoothly. Our work is often behind the scenes, so you may not even think about us until we’re repairing a street in front of your workplace, maintaining a sewer line in front of your home, or picking up your street tree leaf piles.
Operations Responsibilities 503-615-6509, or non-emergency after-hours: 503-629-0111
- Keep streets smooth, clearly striped and free of debris
- Ensure adjacent trees don’t block visibility
- Keep underground sewer lines free of obstructions
- Maintain traffic control signs, signals, street lighting, city-owned parking lots
Engineering Responsibilities 503-681-6146
- Ensure adequate infrastructure as we continue growing great things in Hillsboro
- Design and construction of new public roads and sewers
- Plan and place new traffic control features
- Provide plan review, permitting and inspection services for infrastructure projects
Facilities and Fleet Responsibilities 503-681-6400
- Provide support services for nearly one million square feet of City facilities
- Maintain over 400 City owned vehicles
- Serve other City departments as well as the public
- Provide services in four major areas: Programs and Support Services, Capital Construction, Facilities Operations and Maintenance, and Fleet Management
Across our department, you’ll find individuals who have a long track record with the City of Hillsboro’s Public Works Department and enjoy working together. We foster a culture of stewardship and service to the community, and we’re here to help you.
The Public Works Department's Annual Report is design to give citizens and interested people information about the department's activities and performance from the preceding year. Please use the below links to view annual report information about Sanitary Sewer, Surface Water Management, Transportation, Capital Projects, Facilities and Fleet, and Development Services.