Is it Time for a Water Checkup?
Residential home water audits help identify usage habits, pinpoint leaks, and can cut water usage by as much as 30 percent by implementing simple conservation measures.
If the water portion of your City of Hillsboro Utility Bill is higher than normal and you’re not sure why, it may be time for a residential home water audit. Alternatively, if you’re looking to drive savings, or just curious to learn more about water-wise practices, you can sign up to receive a water audit with the form below.
The audit, offered free to residential customers served by the Hillsboro Water Department, would include:
- Identifying leaks
- Checking for inefficient plumbing fixtures and appliances, as well as leaking toilets and faucets
- Providing free high-efficiency showerheads, kitchen aerators and bathroom aerators
- Offering useful tips on indoor water use
- Giving free how-to brochures and handouts
- Providing information on our current rebate program
- Showing you how to read your meter to check for leaks and monitor water use
- Checking hoses, pools, fountains, and ponds for leaks
- Reviewing irrigation schedules and making recommendations, if needed
- Checking for broken sprinkler heads and excessive runoff
- Providing useful outdoor conservation tips specific to customers’ water use
Schedule an Audit
Residential customers served water by the Hillsboro Water Department can request a home water audit by filling out and submitting the form below. Water resource technicians will then work with customers to schedule a date and time, Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm, to meet to assess home water usage and discuss water-wise best practices, free of charge.
A separate program for homeowner associations and commercial properties is also offered. To learn more, call 503-615-6702.