The City of Hillsboro Housing Rehabilitation Program provides home improvement assistance grants for owner-occupied or renter households in Hillsboro that meet low to moderate income guidelines.
The program offers grants of up to $10,000 for critical repairs, including but not limited to:
- Accessibility improvements
- Electrical repair/replacement
- Removal of lead or hazardous materials
All work must be completed by an Oregon State licensed, bonded contractor. Use the Oregon Construction Contractors Board's Contractor License Search to verify your contractor is licensed.
- Must be a City of Hillsboro resident
- Income must be within the current low to moderate income guidelines, based on most recent tax return
- Must permanently reside in the dwelling to be rehabilitated
- Dwelling must be located in the City of Hillsboro
- Must be owner of property or a valid lease holder of rental agreement
- Assets must be below $15,000 (excluding your home, its furnishings & fixtures and one vehicle)
Contact Us to Apply
For more information, or to apply, please call 503-846-8897.
Fiscal Year 2018 Income Guidelines
Effective July 1, 2018–July 1, 2019
To qualify for the Housing Rehabilitation program, your household income must be at or below a low to moderate income level based on 80% of the median income for the Portland–Vancouver–Hillsboro Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Low to Moderate Income Standards
|Income Limits||1 Person Household||2 Person Household||3 Person Household||4 Person Household||5 Person Household||6 Person Household||7 Person Household||8 Person Household|
Low to Moderate Income
(based on 80% of median income)
*Median income is based on a family of four and determined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.