The following sets forth the policies and practices for HiLight customer billing.
Advance BillingHiLight customers will be billed one month in advance for all monthly recurring charges.
Non-Recurring ChargesBilling for one-time (such as installation) charges and non-recurring charges (such as directory assistance or international long distance) will be billed on the customer’s next bill, as they are incurred.
First BillAt the time of ordering service, the customer will be responsible for paying a prorated amount for the remainder of the current month of services, the next month in advance and any applicable one-time charges.
ProratesThe billing of recurring charges for any partial months of service will be prorated based on the number of days service is received for the month.
Billing StatementsHiLight billing statements will be emailed to customers monthly. (Printed billing statements are not an option at the current time). As part of your customer agreement, you have committed to maintaining an active email account for this purpose.
Methods of Payment
Payment may be made in the following ways and in the listed forms:
- Auto-Payment: Credit Card | ACH
- Online: Credit Card
- Phone: Credit Card
- Mail: Check
- In-Person: Credit Card | Check | Cash
Billing statements will be generated and emailed to customers on the first day of each calendar month.
Due DatePayment will be due to HiLight by no later than the 20th day of each month. If an invoice falls due during a weekend or holiday, the payment transaction is executed on the following business day.
Unpaid balances after the due date will be considered delinquent with a $5.00 late fee will be assessed on the 28th day of the month.
Service SuspensionService to a delinquent account will be electronically suspended on the 45th day from the billing date unless paid in full. Billing will continue.
Account TerminationDelinquent accounts will be terminated for non-payment on 60th day from the billing date unless paid in full. Billing will discontinue, and non-secured equipment must be returned.
In some cases, under certain circumstances, HiLight will work with customers on special arrangements for paying past due balances and bringing their accounts up to date. These arrangements must be made through HiLight’s Customer Service department.
- The Payment Arrangement must be keyed prior to the soft disconnect being processed. Once service is suspended, the customer must pay the full past due balance.
- The Payment Arrangement extension cannot go beyond the date of the next billing cycle due date.
- The Payment Arrangement payment amount being extended must be a minimum of the past due amount (current balance excluded).
- Customers may use Payment Arrangement no more than three (3) times per year.
Other Fees & Charges
The following fees and charges may apply to billing:
- Late Payment Fee $5.00
- Non-Sufficient Payment Fee $25.00
- Service Reactivation charge $6.00
- Unreturned/Damaged Equipment Replacement Cost
The following apply to non-sufficient check payments:
- Post-dated checks will not be accepted
- A $25.00 fee will be assessed to any check payment for which funds are not-sufficient
- Customers will be unable to pay by check for 12 months in the event of a non-sufficient fund payment. Only credit card or check payments will be accepted during this period.
If a customer disconnects service partially through a month for which they have already made full payment, they will receive a refund for the prorated amount of the month after service has been discontinued.
HiLight offers a low-income, high-speed internet program for qualifying Hillsboro residents.
- Eligibility must be verified by a designated community partner based on defined qualifying criteria
- Participating customers must renew their eligibility annually