The Citizen Involvement Advisory Committee (CIAC) meets on an as-needed basis and provides the City with advice and assistance in order to:
- Design, and implement citizen involvement programs, which facilitate public involvement in major Comprehensive Plan and implementing land use ordinance revisions and assure that such actions are based on factual and complete available information. At a minimum, such public involvement programs will provide for adequate notice on citizen involvement activities; advanced information on matters under consideration; and opportunities for citizen participation as determined by the CIAC.
- Inform the citizens of the Hillsboro planning area of the opportunity to participate in all phases of planning through the citizen involvement program.
- Encourage and actively solicit citizen participation through a diverse and wide-ranging communication program.
- Develop, through education, a citizenry capable of effective participation in the planning process.
The Planning Commission serves as the Citizen Involvement Advisory Committee fulfilling the duties described above. The CIAC will consider the advice of the Advisory Committee for Citizen Involvement (ACCI) regarding citizen involvement outreach strategies for proposed plan revisions or major amendments.
The Advisory Committee for Citizen Involvement (ACCI) serves as an advisory body to the CIAC regarding citizen involvement outreach strategies for proposed plan revisions, major plan amendments, or upon request by the City Council or CIAC, to the City regarding other matters of concern. Membership of the ACCI shall be comprised of up to nine members including:
- A Planning Commission liaison
- A Hillsboro 2020 Vision Implementation Committee liaison
- At-large members from three Council wards (one each)
- At-large members representative of a broad spectrum of the community selected from an open nomination process
Requirements are the same for service on the Planning Commission: No more than two members may be presently or previously engaged in the same occupation, business, trade or profession.
|Planning Commission Members||Term Ends|
|Richard Cardoza||December 31, 2018|
|Katie Eyre||December 31, 2016|
|Charles Fleisher||December 31, 2017|
|| December 31, 2018
|Holly Neill||December 31, 2016|
|Brian Roberts||December 31, 2017|
|Judith Shortt||December 31, 2019|