Agendas & Minutes
This seven member Board is established by the State of Oregon in ORS §357.465. Members are appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the additional City Council members. The Board meets most often at the Brookwood Library, with meetings occasionally held at the Shute Park Library.
As provided by ORS §357.490 and Hillsboro Municipal Code subchapter 2.36, the Library Board has the following responsibilities and authority:
- Serves in an advisory capacity to City Council, formulating rules and policies for the governance of the Library and reviewing Library expenditures for approval and payment;
- Makes recommendations regarding staffing levels, working conditions and duties of the Library staff, subject to budget limitations and standard City personnel policies and procedures;
- Reviews and approves all written rules, policies and procedures for operation of the Hillsboro Public Library;
- Approves an annual budget request;
- Accepts, acquires, uses, expends or owns, in the name of the City, any real or personal property under the jurisdiction of the Library Board with the approval of the City Council;
- Selects sites for a Library building and/or location of Library facilities with the ultimate site to be approved by the City Council;
- Enters into contracts subject to prior approval of the City Council; and
- Stays informed concerning the role public libraries play as centers for intellectual freedom.
While the City remains a member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS), two of the Board members must be residents of unincorporated Washington County.
Members may serve for no more than two full consecutive terms (a term is four years), but anyone may be appointed again to the Board after an interval of one year.
|Steven Swoboda, Chair||
June 30, 2020
|Daniel Nguyen, Vice Chair||
June 30, 2021
|Albert Stanfield||June 30, 2022|
|Gera Araujo||June 30, 2020|
|Felicita Monteblanco||June 30, 2020|
|Linda Mokler||June 30, 2021|
|Scott Palmer||June 30, 2022|
- Apply to join a City commission, committee, or board online
- Print the handwritten application form for a City board or commission
- Board, Commission & Committee Organizational Chart