When: 4th Tuesday of each month
The purpose of the Transportation Committee is to assist in the development of the Transportation System Plan (TSP) and to serve as the Traffic Safety Commission.
Duties of the Transportation Committee are listed in Subchapter 2.16.020 of the Municipal Code:
- Advise the Council on City transportation/traffic system issues, policies, standards, plans, and capital programs.
- Guide transportation system planning work and public involvement in transportation programs.
- Set goals for the Transportation System Plan and special transportation studies.
- Review and recommend transportation-related programs and projects based on adopted local, regional and state plans.
- Serve as the Traffic Safety Commission to research, develop, and implement traffic safety programs, promote the education of the public on traffic safety, and work toward the reduction of traffic accidents, injuries, and deaths in the public right-of-way. The Traffic Safety Commission may seek grant monies and review and recommend to City Council proposed safety projects eligible for grant funding.
The Mayor, with consent of the City Council, appoints individuals to the Transportation Committee.
This four-member committee includes:
- Three City Councilors, and
- One community member who serves for one year and is a non-voting member.
|Councilor Anthony Martin, Chair||January 2021|
|Councilor Rick Van Beveren||January 2021|
|Councilor Beach Pace||January 2023|
|Citizen Advisor: Kellen Shide
- Apply to join a City commission, committee, or board online
- Print the handwritten application form for a City board or commission
- Board, Commission & Committee Organizational Chart