When: 4th Tuesday of each month
The Transportation Committee is made up of three City Councilors who are appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the additional City Council members. The non-voting member (citizen advisor) is appointed by the Transportation Committee Chair in consultation with the members of the Committee and confirmed by the City Council to a term not to exceed one year.
The function of the Committee is to assist in the development of the Transportation System Plan (TSP) and to serve as the Traffic Safety Commission. The Committee's functions include the following:
- Advise the City on transportation/traffic system issues, policies, standards, plans, and capital programs;
- Guide transportation system planning work and public involvement in transportation programs;
- Set goals for the Transportation System Plan and special transportation studies;
- Review and recommend an annual “Hillsboro Transportation Action Plan” that identifies modal objectives, capital priorities, funding opportunities and objectives, and a transportation work plan based on adopted local, regional, and state plans; and
- In cooperation with the bicycle pedestrian task force and the Police Department, serve as the Traffic Safety Commission to research, develop, and implement traffic safety programs, promote the education of the public on traffic safety, and work toward the reduction of traffic accidents, injuries, and deaths in the public right-of-way. The Traffic Safety Commission may seek grant monies, and review and recommend to City Council proposed safety projects eligible for grant funding.
The non-voting public member serves as the community liaison and has a one-year term of office.
|Councilor Rick Van Beveren||January 2021|
|Councilor Anthony Martin||January 2021|
|Councilor Beach Pace||January 2023|
| Citizen Advisor: Kellen Shide
- Apply to join a City commission, committee, or board online
- Print the handwritten application form for a City board or commission
- Board, Commission & Committee Organizational Chart